1/1 Photo of Smoky Pork, Bacon and White Bean Chili
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
National Pork Board's Note:
This warm chili bowl made with white beans, crispy bacon and spiced pork tenderloin brings a savory twist to hearty comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes*
- 8 ounces bacon, thick-cut, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (5-6 slices)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Cook bacon in a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 - 10 min., then transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- 2Add onion to bacon fat and cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high and add pork. Cook 6 - 8 min., stirring occasionally, until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in chili powder, paprika, tomatoes and their juices, and water. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 35 - 45 min., stirring occasionally, until pork is tender.
- 3Stir in beans and 2/3 of the bacon. Cook 10 min until heated through, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste. Serve garnished with remaining bacon, sour cream and scallions.
- 4*Can substitute pork shoulder.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Pork, Bacon and White Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes