Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
These eggs are simple and scrumptous! I got the recipe from one of my mother's friends (don't tell her I posted it here! lol), and I refuse to eat poached eggs any other way now!
- simmer the water in your poaching pan.
- put 1 egg into each WELL GREASED cup.
- put a few drops liquid smoke and a dash of garlic salt on top of each egg.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Poach to desired doneness.
- Serve with toast or corned beef hash, or both!
How interesting. Didn't know how much I'd like them. The whole crowd begs for them now!!!
To die for!!! Unusual combination of flavors that are perfect. I'm hooked on these too, now, and can't figure out why this isn't the basic poached egg recipe for all time. THANK YOU!!
Awesome on top of a piece of buttered cornbread.