Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The original recipe was vegetarian, but I add beef and corn. Without those 2 ingredients it has 137 calories & 1.7 g of fat per serving. It's also good with some hot sauce and sour cream added when you serve it.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top loin beef, trimmed of fat and cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in medium sized slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3 1/2 - 5 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
This soup is delicious. I used 8 cups of water since broth has so much sodium and 2 chicken thighs instead of beef. Thank you for sharing!!!
Terrific beef vegetable soup, wife2abadge.Made it just as written and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the smokey flavor and the kitchen smelled marvelous all afternoon.