Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The best macaroni and cheese you'll ever have! Quick, easy, and delish! Chipotles can be found in a can in the mexican food section. They come packed in adobo sauce and keep very well in the fridge in an airtight container. Dried chipotles can also be used in this recipe - just soak in hot water for 10 minutes first. Adapted from Vegetarian Times.
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add finely minced chile and minced garlic to oil and saute 2 minutes. Stir in goat cheese and 1/3 cup water and cook a few minutes more, until goat cheese is melted and a smooth sauce forms. Add the milk and continue to simmer for another minute, then remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tomatoes, corn, and cheese sauce and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.