1/1 Photo of Smoky Paprika Chicken over Rice
Mrs Goodall's Note:
Adopted this recipe because I am loving my new smoky paprika...the original description was the following...A sweet friend in the Canary Islands sent me some wonderful smoky paprika -- and this week, our paper published this great recipe from "Desperation Dinners" with a recommendation to try the smoky version of one of the most overlooked spices. One taste and you'll never see paprika as "just a garnish" again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each) or 6 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (for about 1 cup sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, more to taste
- 1 cup regular sour cream (do not substitute lowfat or fat-free)
- 1Bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add the rice, reduce the heat to low, and cook 17 minutes or until tender.
- 3Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- 4Heat the oil in a large, deep over medium-high heat.
- 5Peel and thinly slice the onion into rings, adding them to the skillet as you slice.
- 6Add chicken, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 8Remove the chicken and most of the onions to a platter and set aside.
- 9Add the garlic, tomato paste, paprika and 1 cup water to the skillet; stir well until blended.
- 10Raise the heat to high, and bring tomato mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 11Stir in the sour cream (do not use low-fat or fat-free versions, or they may curdle.), then add the chicken and onions back to the skillet and cook about 3 more minutes.
- 12Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Paprika Chicken over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 741.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g