1/1 Photo of Smoky Orange Rice - Rice Cooker
This is so easy and has a light taste from the orange butter and smokiness from the chipotle butter. I make these compound butters and then freeze them for when I need them. Can be made stove top as well adjust water. This would be great accompaniment for things like General Tso's Chicken, Under a plate of smoky black beans, grilled fish ....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In your standard Rice Cooker place the rinsed Basmati rice using the cup provided.
- 2Fill up with water to the 2 cup level in the rice cooker.
- 3Add the saffron, butters, salt, pepper and onions to the cooker.
- 4Gentle stir.
- 5Turn the rice cooker on to the Cook cycle.
- 6When ready to serve, fluff and top with additional butter if desired.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Orange Rice - Rice Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 33.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g