This is so easy and has a light taste from the orange butter and smokiness from the chipotle butter. I make these compound butters and then freeze them for when I need them. Can be made stove top as well adjust water. This would be great accompaniment for things like General Tso's Chicken, Under a plate of smoky black beans, grilled fish ....
- In your standard Rice Cooker place the rinsed Basmati rice using the cup provided.
- Fill up with water to the 2 cup level in the rice cooker.
- Add the saffron, butters, salt, pepper and onions to the cooker.
- Gentle stir.
- Turn the rice cooker on to the Cook cycle.
- When ready to serve, fluff and top with additional butter if desired.