Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a teriffic recipe for pork chops on the grill - the taste is fantastic, and something just a little different - I know that you will enjoy it -
- 1 cup Diana Western Smokehouse sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 6 thick cut pork chops, about 12 oz each
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 orange, thickly sliced
- Stir the sauce with the orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and green onion, until blended. Score the fat on the pork chops with sharp knife and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the pork chops and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and reserve on a plate; transfer the marinade to a saucepan. Bring the marinade to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer , uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Set pork chops on the grate, close the lid and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill for 7 minutes. Turn the chops and brush with the cooked marinade. Add the orange slices to the grill and brush with more of the marinade. Grill meat and fruit, basting occasionally, with remaining marinade, and turning as needed, for about 7 minutes or until chops are just slightly pink in the center. Serve chops on a bed of grilled oranges.
Scrumptious! I made this for the Comfort Cafe July 2009. I wasn't able to make it after the marinating time - it was 3 days later. The pork was so tender! This is a keeper that I will make for friends and family. And the grilled oranges were very tasty.