Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pecans and almonds are glazed in a sweet,smoky blend of honey and chipotle peppers. This comes from Southern Living.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles, with 1 tsp of the liquid pepper added also
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in medium pan.
- Cook over medium heat till sugar dissolves, stirring often.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread coated nuts into jellyroll pan.
- Bake 300F for 20 minutes.
- Stir and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Spread warm nuts onto foil or parchment paper; separate with a fork.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Cool before serving.
- Store nuts between layers of parchment paper or wax paper in airtight container up to 3 days.