Recipe by Hey Jude
These cookies are addictive! My Aunt Rose gave me this recipe years ago, I don't know where she got it from but she used to go to lots of pot lucks so I'm guessing she acquired it there. This is a great "quickie" and you don't need to pull out your mixmaster.
Top Review by crawfish pie
These were THE easiest cookie I have ever made!It took no skill on my part and they were crispy and yummy!I used walnuts,next time I will make half with nuts and half without for the non-nut lovers around here!Super simple and good!Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (no substitute on butter and margarine)
- keebler oblong cracker
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts, your choice,i use pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar, butter and margarine.
- Boil for 3 minutes, no longer.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil and lay crackers in a single layer.
- Spread butter and sugar syrup over all the crackers- use a pastry brush to help along.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake about 10 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from oven and work fast to remove cookies onto a sheet of foil, leave on foil until cookies are set.