Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request-let me know how it is!
Top Review by K9 Owned
Really good, easy and very attractive with the garnishes. How much better can it get? I read the previous reviews and added a couple of sliced, sauteed mushroom under the bacon. Having scaled it back for two I probably used 2 or 3 Tbsp of BBQ sauce on each breast - I might add one more Tbsp to each next time. I also slightly undercooked the chicken in the initial baking stage - with the additional 8 minutes ended up with chicken that was very juicy with no hint of pink. A winner in this house!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce, of your choice
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 slices thick monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken pieces.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared dish seasoning with the pepper, garlic powder and Italian Seasonings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is JUST done.
- Remove from oven and pour barbecue sauce over chicken covering completely.
- Evenly divide the crumpled bacon over chicken and top each piece with cheese.
- Return to hot oven and cook for 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Place chicken on a serving plate or individual plates-garnish with onions and tomatoes.