Prep 5 mins
Cook 38 mins
This recipe is posted by request-let me know how it is!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce, of your choice
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 slices thick monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken pieces.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared dish seasoning with the pepper, garlic powder and Italian Seasonings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is JUST done.
- Remove from oven and pour barbecue sauce over chicken covering completely.
- Evenly divide the crumpled bacon over chicken and top each piece with cheese.
- Return to hot oven and cook for 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Place chicken on a serving plate or individual plates-garnish with onions and tomatoes.
Really good, easy and very attractive with the garnishes. How much better can it get? I read the previous reviews and added a couple of sliced, sauteed mushroom under the bacon. Having scaled it back for two I probably used 2 or 3 Tbsp of BBQ sauce on each breast - I might add one more Tbsp to each next time. I also slightly undercooked the chicken in the initial baking stage - with the additional 8 minutes ended up with chicken that was very juicy with no hint of pink. A winner in this house!
Marvelous! and sooooo easy. We loved the kick of pepper and Italian Seasoning with the sweet of BBQ sauce. Had to use mozzarella-no jack on hand, but turned out fine. Enjoyed it with Darlene's Noodles & Herbs. Thanks for the delish recipe.
We enjoyed this chicken Di! I used Kraft's Brown Sugar BBQ sauce, which we find comparable to Bull's Eye. It too has a liquid smoke flavouring,so hubby and I pretty much agreed that the BBQ sauce pretty much overpowered the other spices & the bacon,(although the bacon was good for texture.) So, I might be tempted to just skip those ingredients next time. However, it may be worth a try with a very mild(or less?) BBQ sauce. You could probably even make this dish without the BBQ sauce and still have something very tasty. Hubby thought that mushrooms would be good under the cheese, probably because it would then be similar to something he does, sometimes when we are just having plain BBQ chicken breasts, he will put mushrooms & onions on top and melt cheese over it for a little change. The green onions & tomatoes on top dressed this up nicely. We had this with Mashed red potatoes with garlic & parmesan by Mizz Nezz and green & yellow beans with baby carrots and we enjoyed a very nice meal in both taste & presentation! We will make this again! Thanks.:)