Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Cameron Stovetop Smoker recipe that we modified a bit to get a crispier outer layer by broiling at the end of smoking. It’s a healthier way to eat meatloaf as the fats will drain off.
- 1 slice bread
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple and pecan wood chips
- nonstick cooking spray
- Tear the bread and mix with the milk.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and add the milk and bread.
- Form into 2 loaves and smoke over medium heat, using apple and pecan chips, for 50 minutes.
- Preheat broiler before smoking is done, then broil the loaves on a foil-lined baking sheet for up to 8 minutes depending on how crispy and brown you want your loaves.
This worked out beautifully! Never thought to do meatloves (yes, meatloves) in my Cameron. I did make a change by using Johnnys Garlic Spread powder in place of the salt and garlic. Next time I might saute the onion and celery for a minute or two since they were still slightly crunchy, but this is a keeper.