Recipe by Pierre Dance
This one I got from CHILI PEPPER magazine and then it got changed along the way. You know the game, you make it their way the first time , then you start playing around with it. If you like Peppers that are hotter than Green Bell Peppers, give CHILI PEPPER a try. It's great!
Top Review by Merlot
We loved these mashed potatoes. I followed your directions exactly and the end result was a wonderful garlic potato. I loved the fact that I could use the fresh oregano from my herb garden. I bet this would also be wonderful with red skinned potatoes. Thanks Pierre Dance for sharing this great recipe.
- 2 heads garlic, leave whole,trim tops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 quarts water, boiling
- 6 white rose potatoes, don't peel,scrub with a stainless steel pot scrubber,dice small.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- tabasco brand smoked chipotle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- to taste salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Place each head of Garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with a tsp of Olive Oil, twist up like a pair of Hershey's Kisses.
- Roast Garlic for 25 min.
- open foil, cool to handling temperature.
- Add Potatoes, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper to boiling Water, reduce heat to a slow boil.
- Cover and cook 30 min.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add Half and Half, Mash 'til smooth.
- You know how moist or dry you like your spuds.
- Adjust Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Chipotle Sauce to taste.Mix well.
- Break Garlic into cloves and sqeeze into bowl, try to keep the cloves as whole as possible.
- Carefully fold the Garlic into the Potatoes.
- Everyone asks for a copy of this one.