1 hr 10 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
This one I got from CHILI PEPPER magazine and then it got changed along the way. You know the game, you make it their way the first time , then you start playing around with it. If you like Peppers that are hotter than Green Bell Peppers, give CHILI PEPPER a try. It's great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads garlic, leave whole,trim tops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 quarts water, boiling
- 6 white rose potatoes, don't peel,scrub with a stainless steel pot scrubber,dice small.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- tabasco brand smoked chipotle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- to taste salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 f.
- 2Place each head of Garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with a tsp of Olive Oil, twist up like a pair of Hershey's Kisses.
- 3Roast Garlic for 25 min.
- 4open foil, cool to handling temperature.
- 5Add Potatoes, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper to boiling Water, reduce heat to a slow boil.
- 6Cover and cook 30 min.
- 7Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 8Add Half and Half, Mash 'til smooth.
- 9You know how moist or dry you like your spuds.
- 10Adjust Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 11Add Chipotle Sauce to taste.Mix well.
- 12Break Garlic into cloves and sqeeze into bowl, try to keep the cloves as whole as possible.
- 13Carefully fold the Garlic into the Potatoes.
- 14Everyone asks for a copy of this one.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g