Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one I got from CHILI PEPPER magazine and then it got changed along the way. You know the game, you make it their way the first time , then you start playing around with it. If you like Peppers that are hotter than Green Bell Peppers, give CHILI PEPPER a try. It's great!
- 2 heads garlic, leave whole,trim tops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 quarts water, boiling
- 6 white rose potatoes, don't peel,scrub with a stainless steel pot scrubber,dice small.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- tabasco brand smoked chipotle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- to taste salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Place each head of Garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with a tsp of Olive Oil, twist up like a pair of Hershey's Kisses.
- Roast Garlic for 25 min.
- open foil, cool to handling temperature.
- Add Potatoes, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper to boiling Water, reduce heat to a slow boil.
- Cover and cook 30 min.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add Half and Half, Mash 'til smooth.
- You know how moist or dry you like your spuds.
- Adjust Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Chipotle Sauce to taste.Mix well.
- Break Garlic into cloves and sqeeze into bowl, try to keep the cloves as whole as possible.
- Carefully fold the Garlic into the Potatoes.
- Everyone asks for a copy of this one.
We loved these mashed potatoes. I followed your directions exactly and the end result was a wonderful garlic potato. I loved the fact that I could use the fresh oregano from my herb garden. I bet this would also be wonderful with red skinned potatoes. Thanks Pierre Dance for sharing this great recipe.
Dh went wild for these potatoes. He enjoyed every ingredient, especially the roasted garlic. I did use skim milk rather than 1/2 and 1/2, but otherwise followed the recipe. I like the idea of getting the extra nutrition of the potato skins. Thanks, pierre Dance.