Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A favorite with the men in my family.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half (fat-free is ok)
- 2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (use half of an 8 oz. pkg)
- In a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook the garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Add potatoes to a big pot; add water to cover; bring to a boil; cook 30 minutes or so until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash potatoes.
- Add in garlic, 1/4 cup Gouda cheese, half and half, minced chipotle peppers, margarine, cream cheese, and salt to taste; stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.