Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the carnivore in most of us:-)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 10 ounces pork sausage links
- In a bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Crumble beef mixture over and mix well.
- Divide into 8 portions and shape each portion around a sausage link.
- Grill or broil or fry until beef is no longer pink.
- Turn frequently.
This was tasty but I would change a couple of things next time. Things that I chose but didn't like, not the recipe's fault! I used half turkey and half beef and they turned out quite dry. The other thing is, I really like that idea of using a spicier sausage because I used pretty bland sausages and they didn't add any real flavour. No surprise there! ;) So if you are making these, make them as listed! I will attempt these again for sure! Made for Kittencal's Grilling Game. Thanks CoffeeB! :)
This was a huge hit with our guests today. We just loved it. What a great alternative to the burger/hot dog. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR :)
Yum. I served it with Garlic and Herb Parmesan Buns (Abm) as hot dog style buns. Thanks for sharing.