Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
A recipe from Chatelaine magazine I am looking forward tp trying this summer. Chipotles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeño peppers in a dark red sauce of ground chilies, herbs and vinegar. They're sold in cans in many supermarkets and make a dynamite marinade for chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon regular paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Finely grate peel from 1 lime and squeeze juice from both limes into a small bowl. Finely chop chipotle, including seeds. Add to lime mixture, then stir in oil, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and honey. Pour half over chicken and set the rest aside. Refrigerate for at least 30 min or up to 2 hours but no longer or the acid from the lime juice will start to “cook” the chicken.
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Place chicken on grill. Discard marinade. Barbecue with lid closed, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minute Place on plates and drizzle saved marinade overtop.
- Serve with Buttery Orzo.
- Buttery Orzo: Boil orzo pasta until tender, about 8 minute Drain, then toss with knobs of butter and thinly sliced green onions.
DH and I made this chicken recipe for lunch today. We marinated the chicken for approximately 45 minutes and it came out juicy and tender. I used the smoked paprika, which gave the chicken a nice smoky flavor. I thought the lime juice was a little too pronounced and overpowered the dish a bit(however, I did have big, juicy limes), so next time I might halve the lime juice/peel. Thanks!