Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
These thick pork chops have a smoky flavor, are very moist and tender, and the rub is easy to make. A family favorite, always requested at BBQs. I like to serve these chops with loaded baked potatoes and a garden salad.
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 4 pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- In a bowl, mix together the seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke flavoring until thoroughly combined. Rinse pork chops, and sprinkle the wet chops on both sides with the spice mixture. With your hands, massage the spice rub into the meat; allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill the chops over indirect heat until no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer should read at least 160°F (70°C). Allow chops to stand for 10 more minutes before serving.