Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cheese fries are amazing! Try them with Ranch dressing for the most incredible cheese fries experience!
- 16 ounces frozen french fries (can use seasoned fries too... mmm!)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped small
- 1⁄4 tsp- 1 tsp kosher salt or 1⁄4 sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced
- ranch dressing (for dipping) (optional)
- Spray a cookie sheet or baking dish with cooking spray, then place french fries into dish. Top with kosher salt, half or the bacon, then pepper jack cheese (can use monterey jack or any other melting cheese for less heat). Then add on the rest of the bacon, the cheddar cheese, the jalepenos, and lastly the chives.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes on 375 degrees until cheese is melted through and fries are hot. Top with a thick layer of sour cream and serve with ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
Wow! Super good! These are definitely going to be a regular in our house! Very addictive and great for company so that you don't eat every single one yourself! :)
1/4 Cup salt is WAYYYYYYYY too much!!! Maybe 1/4 of a tsp would have been better. A typo or no? I used about an 1/8 of a cup and it was still ruined....without the salt mix up it would have been amazing!