Recipe by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
From Chef Nate Appleman (Food and Wine). I have made this delicious dish on the grill and on my cast iron skillet. It came out great with both.
Top Review by auxergal
Absolutely delicious! I did have to make a couple of subs. No mayo, so I used about 3 tablespoons of ranch dressing. I had no smoked cumin, so I used regular cumin and about 5 drops of liquid smoke. I tossed both asparagus and zucchini in the mixture and let sit for about 20 min, then grilled in a wok on my gas grill. I will definitely be making this again.
- 1⁄2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 lb thick asparagus, stalks peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Light a grill.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the mayo with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt and cumin. Add the asparagus and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grill the asparagus over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and blistered in spots, about 6 minutes.
- Serve warm.