Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For those of you who don't care for canned soups in your green bean casserole, this is a tasty alternative.
- 2 (510.29 g) package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 onion, sliced into rings and separated
- 56.69 g Canadian bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml liquid smoke
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds
- In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, layer the beans, onion and bacon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and liquid smoke. Stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Pour over the bean mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Sprinkle the almonds over the bean mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbbly and the almonds are toasted.
I love this recipe! It is so delicious and not heavy like other green bean casseroles. Even my kids eat it!