Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 5 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, grated (including the skin for extra flavour)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Simmer the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or until semi-cooked. Drain and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Break the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the creme fraiche, mustard and paprika and whisk well, making sure the eggs and creme fraiche are thoroughly blended. Now stir in the chives and 3/4 of the cheeses, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the olive oil in ovenproof frying pan (I used a 10″ pan). Fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Pour over the egg mixture and use a fork to spread the cauliflower evenly in the pan. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the remaining cheese on top, then carefully transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges. Eat immediately.