Recipe by nanrichp
found this on another food website. Was submited by Cherylptw. I made using leftover mashed potatoes and then followed the directions from step 3 on. my bh loved them!! be sure the freeze the gouda cheese before you try to grate it (about 30 minutes). garnish with fresh, chopped parsley.
- 591.47 ml potatoes, peeled and diced
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea, thawed & drained
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 3 piece bacon, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the potatoes to a large skillet; cover with water and simmer until fork tender or about 8 minute.
- Drain potatoes and pour into a large bowl; set aside to cool.
- Wipe out the skillet, add one tablespoon of canola oil and saute the shallot and garlic for two minutes over medium low heat.
- Stir in the peas and continue to cook for another two minutes then pour mixture into bowl with the potatoes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Degrees.
- wipe out the skillet once again, add the remaining canola oil and heat over medium low temperature.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the potatoes; stir in the cumin, salt, pepper and smoked gouda cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly into six portions; form into thick patties, patting the sides in firmly to keep mixture together.
- Press the patties into the panko breadcrumbs on all sides then place into the hot oil.
- Brown until golden on both sides then carefully remove from skillet with a spatula and drain on paper towels.
- Drain any remaining oil from skillet; return the patties to the skillet.
- Place skillet in oven for 10 minutes or until potato patties are crispy & heated through.
- Meanwhile, add the sour cream and bacon to a food processor and puree until blended.
- To serve the dish, place one potato patty on each serving plate; add a dollop of sour cream on the opposite end of the plate.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves. Makes 6 servings.