Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve with buckets of sour cream and guacamole.
- 2 corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 beef tomatoes, skinned seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 flour tortillas
- Remove any husk or threads from the corn.
- Brush the cobs with the olive oil and grill for about 15 minutes, turning constantly.
- Remove from the grill and strip the kernels from the cob.
- Add the chili, onion, tomato, remaining olive oil, lime zest, lime juice and coriander. Set aside to let the flavours develop (about an hour seems to give the best results).
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok.
- Rip the tortillas into pieces and deep fry until crispy and golden. Lift out and drain.