Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmm! Lovely harvest soup adapted from Canadian Living magazine.
Make and share this Smoky Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Add onions and garlic.
- cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes.
- Add to pan along with half of the chicken stock; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using potato masher or hand blender, mash several times to break up about half of the potatoes.
- Add remaining stock, corn and broccoli; simmer for about 6 minutes or until broccoli is bender.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper; heat through but do not boil.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
This was very good. It was cold today and my mother and I made this soup. We really enjoyed it. Two things though, one is that we took the bacon out of the pan when we drained the grease off, but weren't sure when it was supposed to be added back in and the second thing is that we felt it needed some fresh ground black pepper. Regardless, we will both be making it again and again. Thanks for posting this on Dorothy - glad I tagged you.