Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My son TJ loves pizza no matter if it's hot and fresh or leftover and cold. He is always on the look out for different types of pizza's that he can make himself. TJ ran across this in the Sunday paper and wanted to try it out. His smile at that first bite said it all. You can use white or yellow cornmeal for this recipe.
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 lb prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce, any brand
- 1 cup mexican style taco cheese, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine tomato, beans and corn in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto a large baking sheet.
- Stretch the dough into about a 12" circle and lay it on top of the cornmeal.
- Coating the entire underside of the dough.
- Transfer the crust from the baking sheet to the grill.
- Close the lid and cook until the crust is puffed and lightly browned on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using a large spatula, flip the crust.
- Spread barbecue sauce on it and quickly sprinkle with the tomato mixture and cheese.
- Close the lid.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the crust is browned, 4 to 5 minutes.