Recipe by Hey Jude
I love grilled pizza! Just have all your ingredients at hand, by the grill, and this comes together very quickly. For the whole-wheat pizza dough....there are several good recipes here on Zaar. I use Trader Joe's, though I understand not everyone is near one of those stores. Recipe source: EatingWell
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We made this delicious, easy pizza the other night for dinner, with a few modifications, and would definitely make again! We used the recipe, Quick and Easy Pizza Crust, as this is our go-to pizza crust recipe, though it is not wheat. I had to use frozen corn and we baked in the oven on our pizza stone. I'm sure this will be even better with fresh corn, made on the grill, in summer. Nevertheless, it was enjoyed! Thanks!
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 lb prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine tomato, beans and corn in a medium bowl. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a large baking sheet. Stretch the dough into about a 12-inch circle and lay it on top of the cornmeal, coating the entire underside of the dough.
- Transfer the crust from the baking sheet to the grill. Close the lid and cook until the crust is puffed and lightly browned on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using a large spatula and working quickly, flip the crust (smack it down if there are large bubbles). Spread the barbecue sauce on it and quickly sprinkle with the tomato mixture, then the cheese. Close the lid and grill until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the crust is browned, about 4 minutes.