Recipe by alijen
Really yummy, warm chowder and its great with or without the sausage. From Del Monte- mostly from canned ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup smoked sausage (regular or turkey , 6 ounces)
- 3⁄4 lb new potato
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canwhole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Coarsely chop potatoes and set aside (one can of whole new potatoes can be substituted to save time).
- Cook sausage, if not already, and slice into small peices.
- Stir milk into creamed corn in large saucepan.
- Add sausage, potatoes and whole kernel corn.
- Heat through, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in both kinds of cheese until melted.
- Garnish with green onion slivers, if desired.