Recipe by Brookelynne26
From injeenieskitchen.com. To make vegetarian leave out the bacon and add a bit of chipotle powder. the author suggests serving the chili over rice.
- 2 ounces smoked bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (or as needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, not thawed
- 1 cup salsa (do not use fresh salsa)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add bacon and saute until crisp. Add onions and saute 1 to 2 minutes, until tender. If the bacon was lean and the pan seems dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add frozen corn and salsa, stirring to mix well. Bring to a gentle boil, add beans and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro and cheddar cheese.