Top Review by evewitch
These were really tasty! I had some pineapple marmalade to use up, so mine weren't actually "citrus" this time. I used some pork chops that I cut up, which were a fattier cut than pork loin. I definitely used the tequila and elected to marinate for a bit before cooking. I look forward to trying this again with the orange flavor.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes or 1 lb shrimp, deshelled and deviened
- 1⁄3 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread tenderloin cubes onto skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before or Recipe #227473).
- Stir together remaining ingredients for basting sauce. Place kabobs over medium-hot coals, brushing generously with basting sauce.
- Grill and turn to brown evenly, brushing frequently with sauce, just until done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Optional Marination: can be marinated in the glaze for 30-60 minutes. Then heat the glaze and simmer for 5 minutes before brushing it on the meat.