Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Juicy roast with a great barbecue flavor. Allow time to marinate.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 -3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow container, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Add roast.
- Seal bag or covered container; refrigerate for 8 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place roast in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 325* for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Baste with barbecue sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-20 minutes longer or until beef is fork-tender.