America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach (5 cups)
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven over med-high heat until just smoking.
- 2Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
- 3Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- 4Add onion to now-empty pot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, thyme, and paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and broth and simmer until flavors have melded and tomatoes are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- 7Transfer 2 cups soup to blender and process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- 8Return processed soup to pot.
- 9Stir in chorizo and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Chorizo, Chickpea, and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.5
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 1444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g