- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, husked, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dry salsa seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatillos cut side down. Brown on both sides, turning over halfway through, about 7 minutes total.
- Transfer tomatillos to a blender or food processor.
- Add garlic, chiles, water, salsa seasoning and salt.
- Process to a coarse puree.
- Let cool before serving.