Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I thought of making a hot pasta dish, but instead settled on a pasta salad. It's truly a clear the pantry type of recipe, so feel free to modify with what you have on hand.
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked corn or 1⁄2 cup vegetables, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta per directions on box and drain.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute garlic clove for 1 minute.
- Add in fresh cooked vegetables and the chopped chipotle pepper and stir. If needed, add a little water to help the veggies cook.
- Once cooked, remove vegetables from the pan and cook the sausage in the same pan. Slice the sausage once browned & cooked until no longer pink, about 7-9 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonaise, lemon, adobo sauce, brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- Add veggies, pasta and sausage to the bowl. Toss gently and sprinkle cilantro on top.