Recipe by Savvy Hostess
Don't spend your good money on tiny containers of store-bought hummus! Make your own! This recipe is a fun twist on the traditional hummus recipes. The chipotle pepper and cumin lend a bit of heat and smokiness, while the cilantro brightens it up. Perfect for entertaining a crowd!
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 59.16 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 whole chipotle pepper, from canned chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- warm pita bread (store bought or home made) or pita chips (store bought or home made)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans and next 7 ingredients in processor until smooth.
- Add red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pulse process, using on/off turns, until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer hummus to medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving. Accompany with warm pita or pita chips. Can be made 2 days ahead.allows flavors to develop!