Recipe by Sharon123
I saw this made on TV, then went looking for the recipe and came up with this yummy, slightly smoky, slightly sweet coleslaw! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Great to serve with a Mexican or Tex Mex dinner or to take to a picnic!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or white balsamic or regular white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey (or agave syrup or sugar)
- 1 small chipotle pepper, minced, plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce from the can (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups packed green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 7 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup cilantro, divided (or parsley or use both to make one cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing:.
- In a medium bowl, stir the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbages, green onion, 3/4 cup cilantro or parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Before serving, taste and add more salt if desired.
- Scatter remaining 1/4 cup cilantro(or parsley) over the top. Enjoy!