Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you desire to use the Hickory Smoke Salt and have none, see Hickory Smoke Salt.
Make and share this Smoky Chipotle Chicken Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hickory smoke salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and julienned
- 1 small red bell peppers or 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken breasts in bowl and add olive oil and lime juice. Toss to coat . Sprinkle each breast with hickory salt or garlic salt; set aside.
- Preheat grill and lightly coat with oil or cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on prepared grill 4 to 6 inches from source of heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Slice chicken diagonally into strips; set aside.
- To make the chipotle spread, place mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice and garlic in small bowl and combine well. Generously spread one side of each tortilla with mayonnaise spread. Divide chicken strips, cheese, chilies, peppers and onion among tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro. Fold up bottom, then sides of tortillas to enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks and serve immediately.
- To prepare ahead, roll filled tortillas tightly, wrap in wax paper, twisting ends to close then refrigerate and serve later, cut in half diagonally. Serve with remaining spread.