Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet and spicy butter is great on almost anything.
- 453.59 g butter, softened
- 8 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml kosher salt (or to taste)
- Place softened butter into bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mash with fork until mixed. Spread clear cling wrap on table and spoon out butter to create a long log. Fold clear wrap over the butter log and using fingers, shape into a smooth log. Wrap tightly and place in freezer for 30 minutes to harden or refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Slice into coins as needed.
- Place the "coin" on the steak, chicken, seafood or veggies just as they are coming off the grill.
- Store the unused butter in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I made this for dh to put over his "re-fried" steak (read: leftovers), and he loved it! Great summer lunch! The leftovers will be served over grilled shrimp this w/e when our friends are coming for dinner. I'll probably add a little fresh cilantro over the top...
I loved this butter on top of corn and vegs. Mmmm...mmmmm! Thanks Rita!
I did reduce the heat factor a bit by using a smaller proportion of chiles to butter, but wwhat a great flavor! Wonderful on grilled meats and shellfish. Thanks, Rita!