Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love quiche and when I tried this recipe I found in a magazine some years ago I tried it and am stuck on it. It makes a great brunch dish.
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups smoked chicken breasts, smoked cooked, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Bake the pastry at 450° for 4-5 minutes until lightly puffed.
- Remove from oven and set temp at 375°.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over med-high heat. Add chicken and onion cook until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over the bottom of the pie shell and spoon chicken mix over cheese.
- Whisk egg, light cream, mustard and cayenne.
- Pour over chicken mix.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Wait 10 minutes to serve so it will set.
- You may want to cover exposed pie crust with foil to prevent over browning.
Simple and very good. Lots of flavor from the smoked chicken. Made an easy dinner with a green salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Tasty! I used 2% milk, but I couldn't really tell the difference. Great way to use up leftover chicken. Next time I'll add mushrooms.