Recipe by ES4VOLS1
From Publix Apron's recipe. Portabella mushrooms are optional, we don't like mushrooms so I excluded.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesliced portabella mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder or 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 ounces deli smoked gouda cheese (4 slices)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Combine mushrooms, garlic, and mesquite seasoning in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 2. Cut Gouda cheese slices in half. Assemble quesadillas, two at a time, by placing 2 cheese slices on one half of each tortilla (leaving other half empty). Layer one fourth of each ingredient, in this order, over top of cheese slices: chicken, shredded cheese, and mushroom mixture. Fold empty half of tortilla over filling and press down lightly.
- 3. Coat grill with cooking spray; grill 2 quesadillas at a time 2–3 minutes or until crisp. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve.
- I USED OUR QUESADILLA MAKER WHICH WAS MUCH EASIER!