Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped Baby Spinach or 2 cups watercress or 2 cups arugula
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- To a bowl, add the chicken, smoked paprika, steak seasoning, and parsley.
- Using a hand-grater or Microplane, grate the onion into the chicken; add in the garlic; mix to combine.
- Drizzle the chicken mixture with olive oil and form 4 large, thin patties; place patties in the pan.
- Cook patties 5 minutes on each side.
- Toast the bread slices; spread liberally with butter.
- Serve the patties on the buttered toast with some chopped dark greens.
I saw this in Rachael Ray's cookbook and thought it sounded so interesting that I had to try it. Then of course I found it posted here :) This was my first time using ground chicken and I think I like it much more than ground turkey. The recipe went together very nicely and the cooking time of 5 minutes per side was exactly right. I cooked them on my grill pan and they looked really nice with the grill marks on them. The taste of the smoked paprika was really strong for my husband and me so that's why I'm giving it 4 stars.