Recipe by *Z*
This is a Rachael Ray recipe. I changed the application of it though. She had it as chicken patties and I made it into meatballs. :) The sauce is my addition. It is optional. These have a little bite to them. You can increase or decrease the bite by adjusting the seasonings.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground chicken, smoked paprika, grill seasoning blend, onion, garlic, and olive oil together.
- Form into Tbsp sized meatballs.
- They will be a little soft and smooshy so be careful moving them or they will fall apart.
- Heat a medium skillet.
- You don't need to add oil to the skillet b/c there is enough is the meatballs.
- Add meatballs to skillet.
- Fry one side then carefully turn over using tongs to brown the other side.
- Turn the meatballs a few more times to brown each side.
- Cover and reduce heat Cook about 10 minutes, covered (depending on the size of your meatballs).
- Remove cover.
- You should have a good amount of liquid in the skillet.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Whisk together the water and flour to make a roux.
- Add it to the skillet and cook until thick-it shouldn't take long.
- Taste test your sauce and add salt and more grill seasoning if desired.
- If your sauce gets too thick you can add more cold water.
- Return your meatballs to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Or you could serve your meatballs and serve the sauce on the side if you wish.