Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great weeknight fare using a barbecued rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- 2 poblano chiles, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans rotel, zesty chili-style diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopewhite chicken chili seasoning mix (McCormick)
- Saute first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Serve with toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, lime wedges, baby corn, sliced black olives, chopped red onion, tortilla chips.
This is a great chili for those who want something different. I got the recipe from Southern Living, and we make it all the time. It freezes well, also. I recently took it to a chili cookoff dinner, and everyone raved about it!