Recipe by lauralie41
A dear friend forwarded to me a copy of a popular home and garden magazines newsletter she received. This recipe was listed in the slow cooker section and sounded very good and easy to put together. Smoked or roasted chicken or turkey can be used in this recipe.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Pure comfort food at it's best. I did mine in the oven in a 8x8 inch pyrex baking dish for 1 hour. I also didn't have the smoked turkey and so included a healthy sprinkling of smoked paprika and seasoning salt. I opted out of the croutons as well although I can see where they would be a nice crunchy addition. :-) Made for KK's recipetag~
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 6 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded (1-1/2 cups)
- 28 ounces frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 3 cups smoked chicken or 3 cups smoked turkey, chopped
- crouton, Crushed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using at least a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, lightly coat the inside of the crock with nonstick cooking spray. Add soup, sour cream, cheese, frozen potatoes, chicken and combine well.
- Cover with lid and cook on the low setting for 5 to 5 hours. If desired, before serving top each serving with crushed croutons. Serve immediately.