Recipe by Nickeletta
Recipe by Steven Raichlen. Grill instructions are for a contact style indoor grill- like a George Foreman.
- 4 slices bacon, thick slices cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- onion, slices
- pickle, slices
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper (from can)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- For mayo: mix mayo, peppers, adobo sauce and paprika in a bowl and whick well.
- Preheat Grill to High.
- In a mixing bowl combine bacon, ground beef, cheddar cheese and garlic. Mix well.
- Wet hands and shape mixture into 4 equal size patties. Place on a plate and refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill.
- Season each patty on both sides with salt and pepper and place on grill. Close lid and grill for 4-6 minutes. When done, remove burgers to a clean plate and cover to keep warm.
- Brush cut sides of hamburger buns with melted butter. Place bun, cut side down on grill surface and grill until toasted (1-2 minutes).
- Serve burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and a dollop of Chipotle Mayonnaise.