- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1 1⁄4 cups smoked cheddar cheese, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix liquid ingredients, including chiles but not cheese.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients and just mix to homogeneity. Stir in cheese.
- Use paper-lined muffin cups sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.