Recipe by SilentCricket
A snack with a rich, savory flavor...Perfect for all those sports fans out there watching their favorite teams, or anyone looking for something to nibble on in front of the screen!
Top Review by Lisa Pizza
Oh YUM! These are very easy and a great little snack. I actually ended up with more than 5 dozen. I also had to add just a bit of water to get the dough to come together - about 1-2 Tbsp. They smelled SO good in the oven - like a really great country breakfast. I'll probably increase the cayenne pepper or maybe try it with pepper Jack...mmm... I will certainly be making these again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated smoked cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) canhickory-flavored whole almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add cheese, mixing well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Knead dough with hands until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 1 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place rounds on greased baking sheets.
- Top each round with an almond.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.