- 3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup grated smoked cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 slice bacon, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut pastry into 7cm circles with a fluted cutter, press into shallow patty pans.
- Cook bacon and onion in frying pan until bacon is crisp, drain.
- Stir bacon mixture into combined pumpkin, cheese, egg, milk and nutmeg, spoon into pastry cases.
- Cut extra bacon into thin strips, roll up, place a piece on each quiche.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 180C, bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.