Recipe by Carmen B.
A different twist to grilling potatoes. I'm sure that these can be done in the oven on 350° for about the same amount of time. Derived from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
Top Review by Chef 920429
I cooked the potatoes in the oven at 350* and they took forever to get tender.I believe the problem is my oven.We loved the potatoes and will make them again.I will try them on the grill next time.When I use my oven I will try 400* I didn't have smoked cheddar so I used smoked mozzarella,still very good.Will make sure I have the smoked cheddar on hand next time.Oh! I used the real bacon! Thanks for sharing Carmen:0)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese or 1 cup regular cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits or 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat BBQ.
- Place potatoes on a heavy piece of tin foil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Dot with butter then sprinkle on cheese and bacon bits.
- Wrap foil securely around potatoes: pierce top of foil once or twice with a fork to vent steam.
- Cover BBQ and grill foil packet, seam side up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat for 45 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with green onions.