Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
My son and I just finished a very successful deer season. We both got deer and now our freezer is chock full. We have been experimenting with jerky and found this recipe very tasty.
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1⁄4 cup cajun seasoning (I use a store brand)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients and allow to marinade over night.
- Using your choice of jerky gun nozzle, spread onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate to your desired consistency. I use 4 trays that cook at 156 degrees for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Store is zip lock bags.
- Note: I usually made 1" wide strips. I also have a top down dehydrator with which I rotate the trays every two hours.
FANTASTIC recipe! Made this using half beef and half deer burger.Really great taste.